Books Related to the Study of Human LanguageEdit
Books and Authors mentioned in the PSL discussion group:
- William Calvin - THE ASCENT OF MIND
- Pinker - The Language Instinct
- books by Ruth Millikan
- Lakoff and Johnson's book, Philosophy in the Flesh
- Bickerton - Alice in Wonderland
- Dan Dennett: The Intentional Stance, Consciousness Explained, Kinds of Minds, Darwin's Dangerous Idea, Elbow Room
- Paul Grice
- Dug Hofstadter: Godel, Echer, Bach, Fluid Concepts
- Terrence Deacon: The Symbolic Species
- Michael Gazzaniga
- Ludwig Wittgenstein - Philosophical Investigations
- Gerald Edelman
- John Dewey
- G. Frege
- B. Russell
- William James
- Roland Barthes
- Michael Riffaterre
- Ferdinand de Saussure
- What is Mathematics Really by Reuben Hersh
- Wittgenstein by Avrum Stroll
- Thinking it Through by Kwame Anthony Appiah: ch. 1 Mind, 2 Knowledge, 3 Language
- Biolinguistics: Exploring the Biology of Language by Lyle Jenkins.
- Pathways of the Brain : The Neurocognitive Basis of Language by Sydney M. Lamb.
- Language, thought, and Reality by Benjamine Whorf
- How the Brain Evolved Language by Donald Loritz.
- Gesture and the Nature of Language by David F. Armstrong.
- Communicating Meaning : The Evolution and Development of Language by B. M. Velichkovskii(Editor),
- Language and the Brain by Loraine K. Obler, Kris Gjerlow.
- Language Viewed from the Brain by Iwao Honjo. Table of Contents.
The old web page for the Philosophy and Science of Language discussion group. (Being converted to wiki)